Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Organization ≠ Minimalism

Although I’ve been boasting a more minimal approach to removing clutter and organizing your living space, let’s be clear here, I do not think they are the same thing. While it is so beneficial and often needed, whittling your things down to the bare minimum does not always induce functionality and pure sweet sweet joy. Do what you can to eliminate the extra items that are holding you back, but by all means USE those things that make the cut!

It’s really all about simply getting use out of the things you already own. Pick them up, take them out, wear them, tie them, display them—give them the job you originally intended! You might be surprised at how many things you already own that could be utilized and reimagined in new ways.  I like to take sentimental pieces and items that still contain that momentum and magic that I was once drawn and create a special display or shrine (if I may be so bold). This way I see it often, I acknowledge these things and carry gratitude with me as I go about my day. How do YOU display those special pieces that get you through the day and move you forward? Share below! 






 photo siggy_zps9116f3f2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS